"[Leonardo Da Vinci] combined art and science and aesthetics and engineering, that kind of unity is needed once again"
user interface design
What It Is
At Alpha Cube we believe that an intuitive and easy-to-use interface does not just happen. We follow user-centered design methodologies to create (and improve) usable user interfaces for software, Web sites, Web applications, and mobile devices. We create solutions that communicate effectively through the interface so that some of the knowledge tasks can be delegated to the system... and when thatís done right, the user interface is deemed SIMPLE.
How It Benefits You
- Users can focus on their goals, rather than being distracted by user interface actions and design elements.
- Whenever possible, we design instructive interfaces (created to be self-teaching), where users can explore the interface without being penalized.
- Our team's focus is to minimize or eliminate frictions, which are activities and tasks that users may do which are extraneous to their main goals. Frictions can be a factor for task failures.
- The user interface is easier to learn and understand, which reduces training time.
- Improve user satisfaction and make your customers happy.
- As part of an iterative process, our team can test the user interface with a few users to ensure a high-level of usability.
What We Do
- The first step to creating usable interfaces is understanding the target users and identifying goals and tasks that must be supported.
- From this analysis, our team helps develop essential use cases that encapsulate (at a high level) activities users will perform on the site.
- We give consideration to how navigation should be implemented; possibilities include text link lists, pull-down menus, and icons.
- We develop a click-through prototype that provides a feel for what information the site or application will contain and how it will behave in terms of structure, navigation, information design, and process flow.
- We design the final visual aspects of the site (images, icons, buttons, etc.) and deliver comps (image files) or a high-fidelity prototype.
Depending on the needs of your project, our team can deliver one or more of the following:
- Visual design comps (page layouts) created with Adobe Photoshop that include images, icons, etc. Your team creates HTML code to create the actual pages.
- A high-fidelity click-through prototype that includes the final visual design, all graphics, and HTML (or ASP/JSP/ASP.Net) source.
To learn more about how we can
design the user interface for your company's Web site, Web application, or mobile device,
please write to us or call us directly at +1 303-521-0075.